Black Friday Sale Starts Now (at checkout enter discount code BF2015)
Right now save 20% on a new annual membership at any level. Here’s a quick look at the savings:
Or, if you prefer to invest in a monthly membership we’ll take 20% off your first payment. Available on new memberships only.
There has never been a better time to join APA and take charge of your career. APA provides business tools that help you work smarter and be more profitable. This is your opportunity to use the strength of APA to protect your work and bolster your bottom line. Below are five reasons an APA membership can make the difference. Your membership helps keep our industry robust by mentoring the next generation of visual communicators.
5 Reasons to join APA today
- Portfolio Gallery. All APA members are invited to join the APA Portfolio Gallery — an exclusive network powered by Behance — to gain broader exposure for their work. Your work will be shown both on the APA Portfolio Gallery and in the larger Behance Network that attracts millions of visitors per month. Gain followers everywhere your work appears, and easily alert your followers when you publish new work.
- Partner Discounts. APA provides a full complement of member benefits that help our members save cash on services they use most. Our benefits have been time-tested over four decades and give members the tools to build a sustainable business. Our member benefits get used day in, day out. Whether saving money or providing a platform to help generate new business, APA has you covered.
- Find-A-Member Search. All members have their profile listed in our searchable Find-A-Member section. Your profile includes a cover photo, web address, email address and links to all your social media accounts. Your APA membership generates more exposure for your work. Get listed in our Find-A-Member section and get discovered today.
- Pro Media Card. APA’s Pro Media Card is specifically designed to help expedite quick check-in service at airports, as well as to facilitate the pro media discount on excess baggage, available through many airlines. This amazing member benefit is available to all APA members.
- Community. Since being a professional photographer can feel like a solitary endeavor, APA membership offers valuable connections for sharing and collaborating. APA members everywhere are part of a larger community. Plus, our regional chapters produce ongoing events to bring people together in person.
Join Today at www.apanational.org/join
Join us for a casual meet-up over craft beers (or cold brew coffee). Meet your chapter Board members, share your latest victory (or defeat), or just catch up with your photo industry peers. Not an APA member? No problem, everyone is welcome. Want to become a member? See all the benefits here.
It all starts at 6:00 PM at Modern Times Beer, 3725 Greenwood St., San Diego, 92110
Pizza and good times await you. Free to all. See you there!
APA|SD would like to thank all of the attendees and participants that helped make the Untitled 2015 exhibition such a success. More than 250 entries were received and the top 30 were curated by our judge, celebrated photographer David J. Carol. The prints were displayed at 3rdSpace for a one-night-only event and silent auction benefiting MOPA. More than $6,000 in prizes were awarded by our gracious sponsors, making this our biggest contest to date.
Our congratulations go out to the winners of this year’s competition:
1st Prize: Charlie Malmqvist
2nd Prize: Jim Newberry
3rd Prize: Valerie Hayken
Peoples Choice: Adriene Hughes
The Top 30 images that were selected for the show can be seen in the Untitled 2015 gallery.
Untitled 2015 Exhibition and silent auction, 3rdSpace, Saturday, November 7, 2015:
Please pay a visit to our sponsors who helped make this event possible. Thank you, and we look forward to next year’s Untitled event!
Join APA San Diego for a one-night only exhibition and benefit auction of fine art photography at 3rdSpace, 4610 Park Blvd, San Diego CA, 92116. 30 exceptional images will be displayed and sold on silent auction benefitting the Museum of Photographic Arts (mopa.org). Enjoy the rotating slideshow of all the contest entries, craft beer bar, and more.
Free to attend!
Exposing your work to photo buyers is a tough business. In recent APA panel discussions with the photo buying community we’ve learned a few things:
- Photo buyers drown in hundreds of *spam* emails daily
- With shorter production timelines, buyers are busier than ever
- With the rise of social media, getting noticed is more difficult
- Having a digital-only marketing strategy won’t get the job done
- On average a well produced printed marketing piece gets noticed
With many photo buyers agreeing that printed materials cut through the clutter and get their attention – APA is proud to announce the printing of an annual Sourcebook that will be delivered to photo buyers and creatives across the country.
That’s right – APA has added a beautifully designed and printed Sourcebook to our member benefits. And, our Leader and Professional members receive a single page ad for free.
Our annual Sourcebook is a great addition to other APA member benefits designed to get your work exposure and get you in front of creative and photo buyers:
- Portfolio reviews. APA hosts portfolio reviews that get our members a seat at the table to present directly to the photo buying and creative community. We have yearly reviews in the following markets: New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, and Atlanta.
- Portfolio in APA’s creative network.
- Searchable member profile on APAnational.org
- Featured member project on APAnational.org home page (seen by over 15,000 unique visitors per month).
For less than $1/day you can access time-tested APA benefits that help you get exposure to the right audience and grow your photography business. LEARN MORE