Join APA San Diego for a one-night only exhibition and benefit auction of fine art photography at 3rdSpace, 4610 Park Blvd, San Diego CA, 92116. 30 exceptional images will be displayed and sold on silent auction benefitting the Museum of Photographic Arts (mopa.org). Enjoy the rotating slideshow of all the contest entries, craft beer bar, and more.
Free to attend!
Exposing your work to photo buyers is a tough business. In recent APA panel discussions with the photo buying community we’ve learned a few things:
- Photo buyers drown in hundreds of *spam* emails daily
- With shorter production timelines, buyers are busier than ever
- With the rise of social media, getting noticed is more difficult
- Having a digital-only marketing strategy won’t get the job done
- On average a well produced printed marketing piece gets noticed
With many photo buyers agreeing that printed materials cut through the clutter and get their attention – APA is proud to announce the printing of an annual Sourcebook that will be delivered to photo buyers and creatives across the country.
That’s right – APA has added a beautifully designed and printed Sourcebook to our member benefits. And, our Leader and Professional members receive a single page ad for free.
Our annual Sourcebook is a great addition to other APA member benefits designed to get your work exposure and get you in front of creative and photo buyers:
- Portfolio reviews. APA hosts portfolio reviews that get our members a seat at the table to present directly to the photo buying and creative community. We have yearly reviews in the following markets: New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, and Atlanta.
- Portfolio in APA’s creative network.
- Searchable member profile on APAnational.org
- Featured member project on APAnational.org home page (seen by over 15,000 unique visitors per month).
For less than $1/day you can access time-tested APA benefits that help you get exposure to the right audience and grow your photography business. LEARN MORE
For Nick Nacca image making isn’t capturing a moment in time, its several moments combined. He’s a super control freak. Not just on set. Later, in a dim room he builds an image from the ground up. Blending, shaping, sculpting with light is at the heart of his process that creates images that stand out in a world of clutter. It’s not just a different approach to lighting; it’s a different way of seeing.
Join Nick & APA/SD for a hands on workshop where together we will photograph a vehicle then integrate models into the scene for a seamless composite. Working images from the shoot will be made available to the attendees to create their own versions of the image.
This class is limited to 15 participants and includes lunch. 100% of the proceeds
go to support the San Diego chapter of American Photographic Artists.
When: Saturday, August 29th, 2015 from 10am-4pm
Where: Riverdale Studios, 6314 Riverdale Street San Diego, CA 92120
Cost: APA Members $100
Student, ASMP, MOPA & 3S $125
RSVP and PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS HERE
Thank you to all who came out to support our Annual Photo Gear Swap Meet and to our generous sponsors for making this event possible
Nelson Photo Supplies
THINK TANK PHOTO
Groundswell Brewing Company