We’re pulling back the curtain on a career in photography and taking an honest look at what it entails.
Stacy Keck and Kevin Roche are San Diego based photographers who shoot everything from tech conferences to flamingoes in Bolivia to weddings in Beverly Hills.
Join them for a discussion about how to make sense of turning your passion into a career and being successful in different areas of work, and how it ties into overall business. They’ll open up about what they show on social media vs. the “hustle” and how to balance jobs that pay the bills with ones that feed your passion.
Doors open 6:30 pm at the San Diego Photo District, 11717 Sorrento Valley Road San Diego, CA 92121
Purchase tickets here
APA Members $10
Student, MOPA, ASMP Affiliate $15
Join us for a casual meet-up over craft beers. Meet your chapter Board members, share your latest victory (or defeat), or just catch up with your photo industry peers. Good times await you. Free to all. See you there!
Culture Brewing Co., 111 S. Cedros Ave, Solana Beach, CA 92075
APA San Diego invites you to the first of the Beggars Banquet series featuring renowned Los Angeles photographer Anthony Friedkin
in an intimate one-on-one studio setting. His photographs are included in the permanent collections of the J. Paul Getty Museum, the Museum of Modern Art in NYC, and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. His pictures have been published and exhibited internationally.
Celebrating a lifetime as an artist with a camera, Mr. Friedkin will be showing his hand-made, fine art darkroom prints chosen from various photo essays he has accomplished through the years. These include The Gay Essay, the Hollywood Series, images from his heralded Wave Portfolio and his new panoramas documenting LA Street Art.
Please join us for this special, limited event
Thursday September 8th, 2016, 6:30-9:00 PM
Hosted at John Durant’s studio
3421 Tripp Ct #4, San Diego, CA 92121
APA and MOPA Members $10
Affiliates and Students: $15
Beers with Peers is heading up to North County!
Join us for a casual meet-up over craft beers. Meet your chapter Board members, share your latest victory (or defeat), or just catch up with your photo industry peers.
Not an APA member? No problem, everyone is welcome. Want to become a member? See all the benefits here.
It all starts at 6:00 PM at Culture Brewing Co., 111 S. Cedros Ave, Solana Beach, CA 92075
Good times await you. Free to all. See you there!
2016 APA NATIONAL AWARDS – Call For Entries
Deadline: June 29
- Over $100,000.00 in Prizes
- 34 Winners
- New Easy Entry system
- New Categories
- Grand Prize: Canon EOS 5DS Camera body
- APA Members can save more than 50% on entry fee
Complete details are here:
Thanks to all that came out to our video and motion roundtable last night! We previewed some great work and had lively discussions about techniques, tools, workflow, gaining new clients, and the creative process overall. Please take a look at the links below and explore some of the work we viewed.
Wedding Flipbook by Stacy and Hailley
Davines Mask: Christina’s Makeover
Miller High Life
PlayMor, Staymor, Easmor
Red, Green, Blue, Black
Jason Ilyas Curtis:
Assembly by Pixite
Special thanks to Riverdale Studios for hosting the event.
The APA National Awards call for entries is now open!
Over $100,000 in prizes, industry respected judges, great exposure. This year we have new categories to suit every Pro and an expanded category for Emerging photographers. Now is the time to go big and enter your best image(s) in our annual contest. All photographers may enter. http://apanational.org/
Join us for a casual meet-up over craft beers. Meet your chapter Board members, share your latest victory (or defeat), or just catch up with your photo industry peers. Not an APA member? No problem, everyone is welcome. Want to become a member? See all the benefits here
It all starts at 6:00 PM at Mike Hess Brewing, 3812 Grim Ave, San Diego, CA 92104
The Tipping Point With Daniel Bergeron
In the past few years, Daniel Bergeron has transitioned from an in demand photo assistant, to a prolific celebrity photographer. He has created iconic portraits of hundreds of famous actors, directors, and musicians. On set, he is precise, and fast, while still making a connection with his subjects. Join Daniel for a one night event as he outlines his path from assistant to A-List Photographer. Join Daniel for a one night event as he outlines his path from assistant to A-List Photographer.
Thursday, January 14th | 6:30PM | 11717 SORRENTO VALLEY ROAD
Black Friday Sale Starts Now (at checkout enter discount code BF2015)
Right now save 20% on a new annual membership at any level. Here’s a quick look at the savings:
Or, if you prefer to invest in a monthly membership we’ll take 20% off your first payment. Available on new memberships only.
There has never been a better time to join APA and take charge of your career. APA provides business tools that help you work smarter and be more profitable. This is your opportunity to use the strength of APA to protect your work and bolster your bottom line. Below are five reasons an APA membership can make the difference. Your membership helps keep our industry robust by mentoring the next generation of visual communicators.
5 Reasons to join APA today
- Portfolio Gallery. All APA members are invited to join the APA Portfolio Gallery — an exclusive network powered by Behance — to gain broader exposure for their work. Your work will be shown both on the APA Portfolio Gallery and in the larger Behance Network that attracts millions of visitors per month. Gain followers everywhere your work appears, and easily alert your followers when you publish new work.
- Partner Discounts. APA provides a full complement of member benefits that help our members save cash on services they use most. Our benefits have been time-tested over four decades and give members the tools to build a sustainable business. Our member benefits get used day in, day out. Whether saving money or providing a platform to help generate new business, APA has you covered.
- Find-A-Member Search. All members have their profile listed in our searchable Find-A-Member section. Your profile includes a cover photo, web address, email address and links to all your social media accounts. Your APA membership generates more exposure for your work. Get listed in our Find-A-Member section and get discovered today.
- Pro Media Card. APA’s Pro Media Card is specifically designed to help expedite quick check-in service at airports, as well as to facilitate the pro media discount on excess baggage, available through many airlines. This amazing member benefit is available to all APA members.
- Community. Since being a professional photographer can feel like a solitary endeavor, APA membership offers valuable connections for sharing and collaborating. APA members everywhere are part of a larger community. Plus, our regional chapters produce ongoing events to bring people together in person.
Join Today at www.apanational.org/join